6.07.2011

We finally had a hot, sunny weekend. Hoorah! So the Dude and I did a lot of walking around town. One of the places we went to was the Love Vancouver Festival in the Olympic Village. It was the first time we visited the notorious condo development, and we encountered giant freaky birds there.



The truck behind the bird gives you a sense of how ginormous it is. And there's another gigantic bird close by as well. The bird sculptures were a surprising choice because I would have expected the more typical gigantic orca whale to be installed instead. A whale, or a beaver for that matter, would have been preferable to birds. Birds, especially really big ones, freak me out. Could you imagine what it would be like for that little boy if he got pooped on by a bird that size?




Modo, the car co-op we belong to, was there showing off their new acquisition. And I couldn't resist getting up close and personal with the new Fiat, which is incredibly cute. Cannot wait to drive it once it becomes available.




Canucks fever is running high in Vancouver. I haven't been yet, but I hear that downtown is a gong-show when a game is on.

I also managed to get to some estate sales and picked up a few things for the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment