2.17.2012

NEW APARTMENT TOUR

First, I have to say that we love, love, LOVE our new neighbourhood. We couldn't have asked for a better location. It's so central, and everything is a 15 minute walk away. Getting home from downtown last night was such a breeze: just one short bus ride away and lots of bus options.

Second, the pictures I'm sharing are the "Before" pictures. You can still see un-packed moving boxes in some of them. The place is all going to change over the course of the next year. The walls especially have to be re-painted.





The new place is slightly bigger than our previous apartment and has a way better floor plan. Unfortunately, it lacks a balcony, but we're getting used to it. The thing I love best is the kitchen - so much bigger, so much more storage! You can actually have two people in there.

Our current building is much older than our last place, so I'm trying to be mindful of this when I think about decorating. I want to acknowledge the unit's character in the choices I make. So who knows, the decor may end up looking a bit more conservative than I would like. Ideally, an all midcentury modern look would be best but no matter how much I love MCM I have to admit that it would be boring. Ultimately, I want the place to look and feel cozy. So expect to see more textiles!

6 comments:

  1. Sweet! Looks like a nice upgrade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to your new home! It looks airy and spacious!! Glad to see you blogging again ... Congrats on a successful move! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely! I love getting a peek into other people's houses :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sonja! I'm hoping in the next few months to really get cracking on decorating it the way I want it to look.

    ReplyDelete