3.06.2012

RUGS! RUGS! RUGS!

Ever since we moved into our new place at the end of January, I've been obsessing about rugs. As I mentioned before, one of the building by-laws is to have at least 60% of the floors covered. So I've been trolling the internet looking for the perfect rug.

These are some of my favourites among the hundreds I saw...

Source: overstock.com via Alice on Pinterest
Source: overstock.com via Alice on Pinterest


Source: westelm.com via Alice on Pinterest

Source: westelm.com via Alice on Pinterest

For one reason or another, I had to pass over the rugs above even though I really, really loved them.

We are seriously considering FLOR as an option. They specialize in carpet tiles that you can put together yourself to create your own customizable rug. Given that we need specifically sized rugs, this is probably the best option for us.

This is what I'm considering for the dining nook:

Source: flor.com via Alice on Pinterest

For the living room:

Source: flor.com via Alice on Pinterest

For the bedroom, I'm considering a non-FLOR rug. This cute grey chevron rug is from Urban Outfitters. I didn't know they had a large home decor product line until recently.


I ordered some carpet tile samples from FLOR. Once I see them I'll make a final decision. I can't wait until this whole rug saga ends because it's been eating way too much of my time and mental energy.

The Dude is not looking forward to putting together the carpet tiles but he'll just have to suck it up. At least, it's not piecing together IKEA furniture! He was so traumatized by the last ordeal that he has declared that we will never ever shop at IKEA ever again.



1 comment:

  1. my brother in law declared the same thing and he didn't even have to put anything together. :)
    love the last one.

    ReplyDelete