11.24.2011

STUFF I BUY FROM ETSY: BOOKHOU

bag by bookhou

Although Bookhou is an Etsy shop based in Toronto, I actually made my purchases at the CircleCraft Christmas market a couple weekends ago. I'd been eyeing the stuff at Bookhou, especially the bag above, for a while now. And when I found out that Arounna was going to sell her wares in Vancouver, I went to CircleCraft without hesitation. I wanted to see the products in person before buying.

I love everything about Bookhou, especially their products that feature geometric patterns. I also couldn't resist getting this 2012 tea towel calendar. It's hanging in our dining nook, which had a big empty wall until now.

2012 calendar by bookhou
2012 calendar by bookhou

Seriously, buying handmade is the best. I'm always happy to buy things that are well designed, and it feels good to support the creative efforts of a real person(s) behind the product.

While on the topic of buying stuff from Etsy, my own Etsy shop, is having a sale this Thanksgiving weekend. Because we live in Canada where we already celebrated Thanksgiving in October, it feels odd that today's Thanksgiving and we're not doing anything to celebrate. Oh, well. Every year I mean to do a Thanksgiving dinner but things get in the way (this year is Photoshop class). That's expat living for you.



I'll also be offering special discounts on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. So be sure to check the shop on those days for all the details!

2 comments:

  1. it looks great!
    thanks for mentioning me
    xxa

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really love bookhou! my favorites are the multi-purpose storage baskets. i treat myself to a new piece each year {usually from the ONE OF A KIND show in toronto}. arounna is very sweet and seems to genuinely appreciate the compliments on her wonderful product.

    xoxo
    http://tinylittlehappies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete