2.05.2010


I've become a part of the Olympic machine. I'll be working for the rest of the month in the most visited Olympic venue - the Olympic Superstore. Ta dah.

The Olympic Superstore is housed within the walls of the The Bay department store. And I suppose that I should be proud that my first legitimate job in Canada as a newly minted Permanent Resident is working for the oldest company in the country, if not the world. The Hudson's Bay Company got its start in 1670 selling beaver pelts to hat makers in Europe because consumers were crazy for beaver hats, and it's been operating ever since. I vaguely remember learning that in history class way back when.

Although I don't know much about HBC, one thing I can say for sure, I love their logo. I love the combination of traditional and modern. It's awesome.