10.27.2009

After two attempts to buy furniture posted on Craigslist only to have the sellers flake out on us, we decided that in order to preserve our mental health we should just buy new furniture. Trying to chase down furniture through Craigslist is not worth the time and effort. This makes me sad because I really want to buy used furniture. I find it to be not only budget-friendly but also a sustainable and eco-friendly way to furnish your home, and it's important to me to reduce my impact on the environment as much as I can. I've also tried looking through several Salvation Army thrift shops and only have been successful at finding two dressers so far.

Now I'm aware that it's not realistic to get everything we need used, so we did get a few pieces of furniture from Ikea a while ago. But it looks like we'll have to resort to getting more than anticipated. And I can't help but feel guilty whenever I do buy something new. Oh well.